How do you say it?
There are lots of ways to make someone feel welcome.
Think about how you feel when you walk into a business establishment, social event, restaurant or store. Does what you see make you want to stay or do you want to run for the nearest exit?
When you open the front door to your home, how do you feel?
Does what you see make you happy? Or do you wish you could start over with a new decorating scheme?
There are lots of ways to make small changes that have a big impact. Here are a few of my personal favorites:
- Rearrange furniture to give your rooms a more open feeling. One that says “come on in.”
- Find a focal point in each room.
- Add a dramatic accent piece.
- Group collections together.
- Use only what you love.
- Soften rooms with color.
- Keep it simple and uncluttered.
- Bring the outdoors indoors.
- Create a cozy nook for your personal retreat.
- Say goodbye to what you do not use.
- Arrange flowers where you can see them when you open your front door.
Try a few of these simple ideas and you will love what you see. Welcome home.