Fall is the season for antiquing so I began my annual trek of all things vintage and gorgeous at the High Point Antique and Design Market.
To summarize: it was pure bliss. I could have spent a month there.
This favorite venue of the world's hippest retailers and leading-edge designers features exquisite antiques, vintage pieces (my favorites), original works of art and one-of-a-kind finds.
As a Fort Myers interior decorator, for myself and my clients, I love to use vintage pieces as accents. It's a little tricky to incorporate these pieces and at the same time keep your home from looking like grandma's house or a flea market.
A few tips when decorating with antiques:
- Use an antique to anchor your room.
- Don't be afraid to paint to give the piece a modern look.
- Avoid a cluttered look. Minimal is best. Don't surround the piece with lots of other "old" things.
- Pair old with mode
- Update upholstery with a gorgeous, contemporary pattern.
- Create a backdrop for the piece. A corner with artwork. A vignette that shows off the antique.